I'm making a film – and I need your help.
Four seasons. Four stories. Four people, dealing with sacrifice, suicide, loss and fate – with anger, passion, humour and hope.
A unique film in four parts requires a unique shooting schedule – in four parts. We’re filming a quarter of the film in each of the next four seasons.
If you’ve got acting nouse, a steady arm or a way with spreadsheets, and you'd like to help bring this film to life, please get in touch. We'll be a very small crew so there'll be plenty of opportunities to test out new skills and learn – and hopefully have lots of fun too.
We’ll be filming in and around Oxford, mostly on location. Travel per diems are available.
Pay and rewards
Though we’re making this film for love and on a limited budget, we want to reward people for getting involved. Where possible we’ll provide travel and food, or per diems to cover the costs. If the film makes a profit, we’ll pay everyone equally according to the time they’ve put in.
For the next shoot, we're seeking four confident actors to play these lead roles:
- Mary: a woman torn between her addiction and her desire to be the mother she wants for her unborn child. Aged 25 to 45
- Theo: a man who exploits other people's vulnerabilities with a philosophical lack of concern. Aged 50+
- “Babe”: a woman looking for a purpose, and prepared to go through anyone to find it. When she meets Mary, she sees in her a project that will ultimately force her to choose how much she values her own life. Aged 18 to 30
- David: a man who's fallen into a job and a lifestyle he detests but can't or won't bring himself to change. But his sister Babe may give him no choice. Aged 30 to 45
Plus supporting cast: women and men of any age and background
In later seasons we’ll be casting more women and men of all ages and backgrounds. If you’d like to be kept in the loop as these opportunities come up, drop us a line.
Cast schedule: 2017
- May: Casting
- June: Costume buying/fitting
- June: Rehearsals
- June/July: Filming
We’ll work around your availability, and you won't need to be around every day for the whole of this period!
For the next shoot and beyond, we're seeking a:
- Boom operator/sound engineer: Ensuring we can hear all the action
- Production assistant/First Assistant Director: Timekeeping, liaising with location owners during the shoot
- “Making of” maker/photographer: Documenting the shoot for publicity
No experience necessary: just enthusiasm, energy and a love of film. But if you have experience, tell us about it!
Filming in June and July. We’ll work around your availability, and you won't need to be around every day for the whole of this period!
- Production title: Quietus
- Union/Non-Union: Non-Union
- Production Type: Independent
- Project length: Feature film (140 minutes, of which the next shoot is 45 minutes)
- Project format: 16:9 HD
- Posted on: Saturday 26 March 2016
- Production location: Oxford, UK
- Director, producer, casting director: Al Kinley-Jones
- Audition Location: TBC, Oxford, UK
- Shooting Location: Oxford, UK
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compensation: Per diems (on a case-by-case basis) and commission